Skip to content
Research is an entertainment for me
- My research experience includes, but not limited to:
- Extensive research experience in design, modelling, and fabrication of nano-optical biosensors (nano-plasmonics), electromagnetic modelling, and medical image processing. However, I would like to extend my experience and research skills in association with your team.
- Ph.D. research in design, modelling, and manufacturing of nano-metals in a nano-plasmonic devices for the purpose of disease detection.
- Utilizing FDTD method for modelling of my nano-particles interaction,
- Hands-on experience with nano-fabrication and characterization methods including Electron Beam Lithography (EBL) and vapour metal deposition for nano-fabrication, and SEM, AFM, DFM for nano-characterization.
- Strong research in medical image processing including MS disease diagnosis by means of EM-MRF for segmentation of the MRI brain images.
- Delivering national and international presentations
- Furthermore, I would like to apply for research grants to extend my research experience, and bring new ideas to Centennial College.
MY RESEARCH EXPERIENCE HISTORY
Ph.D. researcher (Nano Optics and Plasmonics:),
- Deeply surveyed the geometrical and light factors affecting the plamonic features to design nano-plasmonic structures with maximum surface electric field enhancement and desirable plasmon spectrum wavelength and sharpness,
- Proposed the nano-sinusoid structures, which presents two hot spots, maximum surface electric field enhancement, tuneability feature with linearity in the wavelength-size relationship
- Proposed using alumina cap on top of the plasmonic nano-structures to avoid oxidation and tune the palsmon spectrum features,
- Utilized intelligent methods to optimally design plasmonic nano-structures with desirable plasmonic features,
- Utilized EBL method for accurate fabrication of any arbitrary profile of the plasmonic nano-structures
Ph.D. researcher, Image processing:
- Deeply surveyed image processing techniques to find the most accurate method for the application of MS diagnosis,
- Proposed a new thresholding method, which is called 3S. This method has less complexity and more accuracy than other thresholding methods like Otsu,
- Proposed a tissue based EM-MRF method for the purpose of MS diagnosis,
- Time variant Feature extraction from lung images
University of Tehran – Iran
- M.Sc. Thesis: “Speech Recognition by means of Time Delay Neural Networks (TDNN), Tehran University, Tehran, Iran, 1995-1997
- Speech compression using Multi-Band Excitation (MBE) Vocoders, Telecommunication Research Centre, Tehran, Iran, 1997-1998